XSOAR HTTPS certificate issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XSOAR HTTPS certificate issues

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

I have an issue where I have replaced the self-signed auto generated certificate in XSOAR, the problem is that when I reboot the server the web service doesn't seem to come up, there is no service listening on port 443.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE
6 REPLIES 6

L2 Linker

Is the service not starting?

You might want to check the logs under /var/log/demisto/server.log and check the errors there, to better understand what prevents the service from starting

Ori

Hi 

Thank you for the reply, I have checked there and can't find any reference to the http server, I will have a more through look and post what I see, but yes it does seem that the change in certificate is stopping the service from starting.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

This article describes how to use a signed certificate for the HttpS communication with the XSOAR console
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xsoar/5-5/cortex-xsoar-admin/installation/post-insta...

Please note that XSOAR web server is part other XSOAR service.

Apologies for the massive delay in getting back to you, I did follow the guide in the link and still it was overwriting the certificates on reboot, I still haven't found a way to make it work.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE

Did you check the server logs under `/var/log/demisto/server.log` right after the server restarts?

DId you find any errors or mention to the certificate there?

Hi

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I appreciate the help just been really busy, there is no mention of anything that looks like the webserver in the logs, I have a lot of telemetry errors but that is just about it.

I will generate the cert again and have a look right after as opposed to retrospectively and post the results.

PCCSA PCNSA PCNSE PCSAE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!