Traps installed on Exchange servers and Database servers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traps installed on Exchange servers and Database servers

L0 Member

Greetings...

We are currently rolling out Traps and have been having a hard time finding out if we need to add scanning exclusions for servers like Exchange, Sql, and Oracle. With traditional AV there were always exclusions that needed to be conifugred. Is this the same for Traps? I have found some information saying they are running it on Exchange as is with no exclusions.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Timmy24,

I can't speak to performance on any Oracle host; but we haven't run into any issues without any exceptions on Exchange 2010/2016 environments or SQL Server 2016/2019 installations. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Timmy24,

I can't speak to performance on any Oracle host; but we haven't run into any issues without any exceptions on Exchange 2010/2016 environments or SQL Server 2016/2019 installations. 

L3 Networker

Similar to BPry we haven't had any issues in our environment with Exchange, SQL, or other sensitive servers and currently do not have any exclusions related to them. I would recommend building out a "report only" policy and see what Wildfire might catch as a first step. After you're comfortable with it you can adjust the profiles to whatever you need. We're quite happy to have moved to Traps. Considerably less administrative overhead. 

L0 Member

thank you for the replies. We have installed this on one of our Exchange servers and SQL servers as is with no issues so far! 

Thank you!

Glad to hear.  As CraigV123 mentioned, it is a good idea to test in a learning mode by setting the action to Report before setting the action to Block. 

David Falcon 
Senior Solutions Architect, Cortex
Palo Alto Networks® 
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!