Can't upload a Fortinet config file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't upload a Fortinet config file

L2 Linker

Hi, all.

I'm trying to use Expedition for the first time and it won't let me upload a config from a FortiGate. It's showing me the following error:

Screenshot_2018-08-13 Expedition Project.png

Thoughts?

EDIT: I was able to load this config file into the old MT 3.3.10 and it read it completely 😞 Any help?

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

I still can´t upload file and I have already done the steps in the link. 

L3 Networker

HW platform, chassis, cloud platform? I just dumped in a relatively complex config in the Expedition tool and it read it fine here (v106)...

Hi, Mónica.

Try zipping the file and uploading it as if it were multiple files. Worked for me.

Hi,

I can fix the problem. I have to upgrade to latest version.

Thanks

Hello Monica,

Would you please let me know how you were able to convert from Fortinet to PA?  Where or how did you discover you needed to upgrade?  Which version did you have to upgrade to for the import to work?  

Appreciate your input in advance.

Thank you,

Brian

Hi, 

In the user guide it explains how you should do it, step by step.

You have to create a project, upload fortigate file and migrate to Palo Alto configuration file that is a .XML,

Before, you have to make chages to migrate as much as you can to import in xml configuration.

I realized that I had to upgrade to the latest version because I had problems when I wanted to add a device apart this problem.

Good luck!

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!