Checkpoint R80 file exports for SmartCenter R80.x or greater - new procedure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Checkpoint R80 file exports for SmartCenter R80.x or greater - new procedure

L2 Linker

I have a 2 live articles addressing the file export procedure from around April of 2019. 

Expedition version 1.1.66.2 shows a new procedure on the Checkpoint R80+ file import page requiring the download, install, and run of a jar file to compile and export files necessary for import into Expedition.  The procedure involves uploading and running a .jar file on the client's Checkpoint mgmt server.  I need documentation to understand and further explain any risks to the management server and would like more depth on the procedure if anyone has run though it.  I would like to do no harm during the process.  Anyone have success stories to share? 

D. Elliott
2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hi Doug-Elliott,

The jar file is created by checkpoint, maybe you want to ask them in the the checkpoint github.

https://github.com/CheckPointSW/ShowPolicyPackage/

L5 Sessionator

In addition to what Lynn has commented, we are suggesting this approach because we have experienced that this is the only current way to collect Checkpoint configurations that are not missing nested address objects.

We have seen that other methods may result in empty address groups if the members are not directly referenced in the security rules. This is what we call nested objects.

Checkpoint identified their issue as well and released the .jar file to overcome the issue

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!