CSV import: Service import changed, does not work in 1.1.22

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CSV import: Service import changed, does not work in 1.1.22

L2 Linker

Hi!

I have used CSV import quite a lot lately, and today, running 1.1.22, I imported all CSV files from scratch again. This time there was nothing at all imported for the Services objects. I have not changed that source CSV file in two weeks, so something has happened to the import. I cannot say for sure if it was this last change from 1.1.21 to 1.1.22 that made it, or if it stopped working earlier.

Is there a log file somewhere where I can look for clues? There is always a possibility that the import has changed to be  less flexible, and I can change something at my end to make this work again.

/Per

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

The changes to the CSV import for the services was updated in the CSV import guide earlier this week.

The main difference was an addition to include an option for the source port. With the previous setting for 'port' changed to 'dport' to specify the destination port.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Articles/tkb-p/ExpeditionArticles

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

I just upgraded to 1.1.23, and it is still broken unfortunately.

/Per

The changes to the CSV import for the services was updated in the CSV import guide earlier this week.

The main difference was an addition to include an option for the source port. With the previous setting for 'port' changed to 'dport' to specify the destination port.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Articles/tkb-p/ExpeditionArticles

In 1.1.23, there is still something small not quite right.

If I have a column in the first line of the file preset to 'dport', it is not picked up as a key for 'Destination Port', I have to select it by hand.

A small thing to tweak for a future release.

/Per

Do you have a sample of the CSV so we can test against your file?

Here is the initial part of the file I used at the time, or very similar to it. It is generated by a Perl script, and I haven't touched that part in a long time.

name;description;protocol;dport
all_tcp;All TCP services;tcp;0-65535
all_udp;All UDP services;udp;0-65535
chargen;Character generator;tcp;19
ssh;Secure shell;tcp;22
ssh-in;Secure shell with SYN flood protection;tcp;22
telnet;Telnet;tcp;23
smtp;Simple Mail Transfer Protocol;tcp;25
smtp-in;Simple Mail Transfer Protocol with SYN flood protection;tcp;25
dns-tcp;Domain Name Server via TCP - mainly zone transfers;tcp;53
dns-udp;Domain Name Server via UDP - standard queries;udp;53
bootps;Bootstrap protocol (also DHCP) server;udp;67
bootpc;Bootstrap protocol (also DHCP) client;udp;68
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!