Expedition export for set commands missing ALL object entries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Expedition export for set commands missing ALL object entries

L1 Bithead

Hi, I am working on a new project with Expedition and it is running on the latest version, 1.2.71.

I have completed my project and I am ready to export but when I export and open the set file it is missing all network objects.

These objects are in the XML version.

Why is this happening, can I fix it?

I know that I can import config using xml but I am much more comfortable reading config in the set format.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi @DouglasWade 

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you check the file /tmp/error for troubleshooting purposes?

Additionally if possible the best should be to share with us an export of your Expedition project so we can check the error in our lab. To do so you will need to open a TAC case and send the TAC case number to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

Also please use above email to follow-up on this bug.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

The set file has 7874 lines, the pretty xml file has 49870 lines, just a small difference.

L4 Transporter

Hi @DouglasWade 

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you check the file /tmp/error for troubleshooting purposes?

Additionally if possible the best should be to share with us an export of your Expedition project so we can check the error in our lab. To do so you will need to open a TAC case and send the TAC case number to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

Also please use above email to follow-up on this bug.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

David

L1 Bithead

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I remade the project, which took a little while, and it appears to have resolved the issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!