Expedition Rabbitmq-server failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Rabbitmq-server failure

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have just deployed an Ubuntu 20.04.6 VM for the purpose of trying out Expedition.  I downloaded the "expedition1_Installer_latest.tgz" and proceeded through the install.  The installation finished and I can launch the GUI but I have required remediations that are issues with the rabbitmq-server service.  This service is unable to start successfully: 

failed because the control process exited with error code.  See systemctl status rabbitmq-server.service and journalctl -xe

When inspecting these all I see is 'code=exited' and 'status=1/FAILURE.'  I don't see anything specifically pointing to what is causing these issues. I have been looking through various threads from others that have referenced their issues with this service but nothing I have tried has worked (removing all files from /var/lib/rabbitmq for example (including the cookie file)).  

Is there anyone that has experience with a current solution to this? 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi @EMPTYSET00 

Can you please follow the solution in the below thread: 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-discussions/rabbitmq-install-failing-in-expedition/t...

Hi @lychiang 

This does seem to have worked.  The service is now running.  When I log in, it looks like all checks are now valid but I consistently receive the following error randomly and I'm unable to add a project because of it: 

EMPTYSET00_0-1694722728390.png

Is there any way to troubleshoot what these repeated errors could be? 

Thanks. 

Hi @EMPTYSET00 

Could I ask you to reinstall rabbitmq-server using the steps described in below article:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/how-to-address-cve-2022-37026-vulnerability...

After reinstalling it, if the error persists, please send and email to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com to set up a zoom call to check your environment.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

David

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!