Expedition VMWare OVF File

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition VMWare OVF File

L2 Linker

Anyone know if they've build an OVF file type for the Expedition Tool like has been done with the other Migration Tools?

17 REPLIES 17

L0 Member

I know this is dated now but I wanted to add my 2-cents on this so that maybe it can be of help to others. 

I had the expedition working great in my Macbook using fusion. That deployment was easy becuase the download came as a .vmarevm file ready to launch. I opened it up in fusion and made sure it booted and worked as designed. Then I shut it down and went to the Fusion Menu - File and selected export to ovf option. Then when in the dialog choose to create a single OVA file and let it do its thing... be patient it takes a bit.  I'm sure the same thing is possible from vmware workstation.

PS NOTE: my export was a version VM12 and my vSphere is only 6.0 so at first it failed. I had to go back into fusion, modify the compatibility to version 11, then re export. Then it imported fine.

After that I opened the vsphere web-client and imported it just as any other ova. Worked like a champ. 

Regards, I hope it helps.

Just the facts mam... just the facts

Hello - is the esxi file available?  I'm unable to locate it.

thanks,

Don

If you mean the official VM images,t hey are in the main page of this Live site.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Migration-Tool/ct-p/migration_tool

With the links to:

Get the Legacy Expedition VM

and 

Get the Legacy Expedition OVA

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!