Export PAN Firewall XML itno Expedition , Modify it & Import it again

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Export PAN Firewall XML itno Expedition , Modify it & Import it again

L1 Bithead

Hello Mates

Please excuse me for this very basic question, but is it possible to Export a PAN Firewall Config to a XML File, create a Project in Expedition with it, do some changes, Export the new Config File & Import it to the Firewall directly?

The background for this question is, that I did exactly this and when I check the "Preview Changes" at the Commit I see that the whole configuration syntax is being mixed. Although I only configured Tags to Security Policies and nothing else. (Thanks Multiedit 🙂 )

Did I do something wrong? Anyone had the same "issue"? My Firewall has the version 9.0.2 and I downloaded the newest Expedition Version (1.1.10)

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

That may be normal.

In Expedition, the XML is internally regenerated. I would suggest that you compare the XML files to identify if nothing else than what you wanted to modify has been changed.

For the comparisson, I would suggest that you use the Expedition XML generated file that is "pretty", as it is closer to the XML format you see from PANOS devices.

The smaller XML has the same content, but blanks and tabs are removed, which will make it less "pretty" to read.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!