merging duplicate objects

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

merging duplicate objects

L1 Bithead

what does it mean when an object has a value 'default' in its srcFile column? and not any of the configuration filename that I imported?

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Default is created by Expedition.  It could be default service or any new objects that's created in expedition. 

why would expedition creates object? when we're trying to clean up objects?

Depends on what vendor file you trying to convert, expedition migrate objects and show the source under "default" . Has this create any problem for you , can you please be specific on what issues you see when objects shows in "default" ? Thank you!

Hi Lychiang,

I am trying to convert ASA to PA. 

My scenario is I have 2 ASA configs that will be merged into 1 device group in Panorama. I merged 2 ASA configs into 1 device groups for Object and Policies, so I can tell the difference between the existing objects and the new ones that I imported, and I ended up with alot of duplicate objects. Eventually when I import the new config into my production panorama I will be configuring all the objects in the shared device group. 

When trying to clean up the duplicate objects I depend heavily on the vsys and srcFile column. 

For example:

After the merge, I select my PA config for all vsys and I have some duplicate objects that are showing the correct vsys (new device group that I created) but the srcFile for 1 object is showing 'default' and the other object is showing my second ASA config file. When I look at where the objects are being used, one of the object (with srcFile 'default') is used in my first ASA config and the other object (which has srcFile the second ASA config) is used in my second ASA config. 

@KartikaUtami123 Yes, this is expected behavior, there will be duplicate objects among multiple configs, you can merge them by right click on the objects , either select "merge by name and value" or "merge by value", if the object has same name but different value, I would suggest you to rename one of them. After you clean up both Cisco config , you can then merge with the panorama base config , after merged with the panorama base config, you can promote all objects to shared by right click and select "convert to shared" 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!