4.0.1 not as smooth as it could be...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

4.0.1 not as smooth as it could be...

Not applicable

Hi,

not sure if its me, but the new interface seems very slow compared to the previous version and if I am honest I dont think some of the interface changes are for the better...

But its definately slower to complete tasks under 4.0.1 than 3.1.7

Just my thoughts...

Darren

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Is there a question here?

The interface changes are meant to address the wishes of the
users at large. That said clearly we can’t meet the demands of everyone and we
have to try and strike a functional balance. Some of the changes address
performance and usage issues and though they may seem slower on a small simple
implementation on very large complex setups they prove to be a blessing in functionality
and performance.

We invite any constructive criticism as Paloaltonetworks is
driven to provide solutions to our customers needs.

If you can articulate specific issues we would be happy to
evaluate the pros and cons of any changes we have made.

Thanks.

Could we get the "Src" and "Dst" dropdown boxes back in the Policies screen?

The search box is there, but it is far easier to use the drop downs that were there in the previous version of Panorama.

Please submit a feature request to your sales team as customer demand is used to prioritize feature implementation.

Let's see if I can be more specific in regard to DJ's question.  We recently installed a PA2050 HA pair with PAN OS 4.0.2.  The response times when querying data under any of the tabs is painfully slow.  I've switched browswers from IE to Chrome and that has helped a little.  Are the delays we're experiencing a function of the browser, Java, or performance issues on the backend?

One of the consultants we work with commented that he noticed a significant difference in management portal performance between the 3.x and 4.0.1 consoles, but that he'd been informed that Palo Alto was aware of this and the issue would be addressed in 4.0.3.

Is that just rumor, or are his comments accurate?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!