Access errors while adding firewall to panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Access errors while adding firewall to panorama

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

When we add our firewall to panorama, we faced with some issues. Access problems occurred due to LDAP profile password and PSK in IPsec tunnels. We had to back to our old configuration and delete firewall from panorama. As we know there are major difference on their versions but all goes by book. I will mention the versions below. And also Panorama 10.1 versions there is key necessity as a new and it is configured aswell.

If anyone have a knowledge for this, it would be good the some recommends.

Panorama, 10.1.4-h4

Firewall, 10.0.8-h8

Thank you and best regards.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @talha.temel

regarding the issue: "Access problems occurred due to LDAP profile password and PSK in IPsec tunnels" you might be hitting a bug: 

PAN-188009 that was fixed in version 10.1.6. I would recommend to upgrade to version 10.1.6-h3 that is latest and has this bug fixed.

Regarding the secure onboarding, this feature was introduced in PAN-OS 10.1.3: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-new-features/panorama-features/authentication-k... however this should not be related to the first issue you mentioned.

Kind Regards
Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @talha.temel

regarding the issue: "Access problems occurred due to LDAP profile password and PSK in IPsec tunnels" you might be hitting a bug: 

PAN-188009 that was fixed in version 10.1.6. I would recommend to upgrade to version 10.1.6-h3 that is latest and has this bug fixed.

Regarding the secure onboarding, this feature was introduced in PAN-OS 10.1.3: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-new-features/panorama-features/authentication-k... however this should not be related to the first issue you mentioned.

Kind Regards
Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

Hi PavelK,

Thank you, I was looking for that but i couldn't find any. 

Best regards.

Talha

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!