adding zone and subinterfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

adding zone and subinterfaces

L4 Transporter

Hello 

I have panorama 9.0.4 and palo alto fw 8.1.7

we are not using templates

I have to create 6 zone and subinterfaces . So do i need to create them locally on the firewall ?

Will it get sync to panorama automatically ? or do i have to do something to sync with Panorama ?

or do i have to load the device to panorama and change the context to the active FW and then do the changes ?

Please suggest how to make zone and subinterfaces

Next to this , the zone which we have to  make are already part of another firewall - so can we create same name of zones on two different firewalls ?  but both are managed through Panorama

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @FWPalolearner 

If you don't use templates then configure the zones and interfaces locally on the firewalls.

The panorama sync doesn't care about local config so it shouldn't be impacted by performing local config changes. 

You're not using templates so that part isn't managed by Panorama.  Using the same zones on different firewalls shouldn't matter.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hello Kiwi,

Thanks for your reply.

My point is suppose if I create a zone "ABC" locally on the firewall, will that zone be visible in panorama ?

W

are using device groups so if I have to create a rule for zone ABC , will panorama automatically shows it or do I have to click on add new zone in panorama with same name "ABC" 

Anyone please ?

Will the zone automatically appear in panorama while creating the rules ?

Community Team Member

Hi @FWPalolearner ,

No, zones created locally on the FW will not appear automatically in PAnorama:

NEW ZONE NOT VISIBLE IN PANORAMA 

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!