admin override an URL and set a cookie

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

admin override an URL and set a cookie

L0 Member

Hello world,

when using the "admin override" function, I thought that PA is seting a session cookie for the browser.

Unfortunatly, it looks like, the PA is just storing the source IP.

When using a proxy, all connections of the overriden page are from the same IP. Thus one guy having the right override password can enable access for *all* users of that proxy.  😕 I've just tested that with two seperate machines using the same proxy.

Isn't there a chance of seting a cookie into the browser?

How have you guys solved above situation?

Cheers and a lot of thanks

Marcus

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Currently the Admin Override function is designed to remeber the IP address. If all your users are connected through a proxy, then yes they will all be allowed. There is no work around for this setup, short from removing the Proxy.

Dominic

Hi Dominic,

thanks for that answer. At least I'm shure of not geting it to work now. 🙂

The actual point is, that I need to have some special users to have access to URL-groups others have not. The proxy is unfotunatly mandatory. 😕

There would be a way of geting the proxy to do the authentication, if he would know which category the URL is in. Is there a way of geting the URL-Filter data file from the PA-500? If I could download it to my squid, there would be ways of implement that information into the proxy.

Thanks a lot anyway for your help.

very best regards

Marcus

Hi Pauli,

if I can, why you placed PA after the Proxy and not before?

In this way you can't see real applications or users making traffic.

Regards

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!