Advanced objet search in the policies panel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Advanced objet search in the policies panel

L4 Transporter

Hello,

One of our customers moved from Checkpoint to PA and he's complaining about advanced search in the security rulebase.

For example, he would like to search for and IP (source) with is used in an Address object or in an Address Group Object and with destination port 22 (example).

If I put, for example, 192.168.1.0 in the search bar, the system it able to search for any reference (object name, ip address) in the entire config file to match that value.

If then I add (service/member eq 'service-ssh-tcp-22'), the system returns... all the rules !

How can I performs advanced seach in the policy tabs ??

Regards,

HA

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Change the source IP to a filtered value:

192.168.1.0 and (service/member eq 'service-ssh-tcp-22')

To:

(source/member eq '192.168.1.0') and (service/member eq 'service-ssh-tcp-22')

Hope that helps.

... or

(source/member contains '192.168.1.0') and (service/member eq 'service-ssh-tcp-22')

L4 Transporter

Hi all,

Using (source/member contains '192.168.1.0') or (source/member eq '192.168.1.0') only returns policies where the name (NOT the ip address) contains (or equal) to 192.168.1.x.

If the object name is for example 'server' then the rules associated to this oject are not displayed...

Regards,

HA

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!