Alert configuration via email

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Alert configuration via email

L2 Linker

how to configure email alert without email gateway

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

After installing PAN-OS 10.0 it's working on SMTP Gmail authintication 

View solution in original post

L5 Sessionator

Excellent! 😄

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @jagannathkale 

thank you for posting question.

I do not believe there is any way around it. In order to send an email alert, the Email Gateway is must. The alternative way is to send logs to Panorama and then configure under: Panorama > Collector Groups > (Log Collector Name) > Collector Log Forwarding > Configuration > Email. In this case, Email Profile with valid Email Gateway still has to be configured on Panorama side. In the case, you do not have Panorama in your environment, another alternative would be to send logs to 3rd party monitoring tool / SIEM and let this tool to send email alerts.

Can I ask what limitation are you facing with Email Gateway or what use case are you looking into?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi

Thanks for your reply we are using G suite for mailing purpose and our mx
record is outside and I can't find gateway details.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @jagannathkale  I see. Would building an internal SMTP Relay Server be one of the option to over come this issue?

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L5 Sessionator

In PAN-OS 10.0, you are able to use a public email gateway. If you use the google suite, great. Create an email account for the NGFW and allow it a less secure login method (legacy mode). Or if you're able to find the public certs for where your enterprise gmail is hosted, use those and secure login. 

Either way, you are able to do this natively now. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.50.57 AM.png

After installing PAN-OS 10.0 it's working on SMTP Gmail authintication 

L5 Sessionator

Excellent! 😄

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!