Alert When Accessing Application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Alert When Accessing Application

L2 Linker

Good morning!

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to throw an "alert" log entry when a specific application is accessed. I know it can be done with categories, but I'd like to do the same with specific applications.

I can always filter my Traffic Monitor for that application, but sometimes it's much more convenient to set the "alert" status to "on" to monitor before denying access to an application to get a better understanding of who's accessing it and why.

Any advice?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

When the security policy is set to log at session end. It will place the log into the proper area. In some cases it will be in all three, traffic, URL, Threat.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

This is not done on the application itself, but rather on the security policy. So if you set the policy to log at session end, the application should show up in the logs.

Hope that helps.

Is this the only way? We can't make it alert to the Threat or URL Filtering log as the categories do?

Hello,

When the security policy is set to log at session end. It will place the log into the proper area. In some cases it will be in all three, traffic, URL, Threat.

Regards,

Oh, got it. I didn't realize that setting could determine where log entries would show up. I learned something new today! I appreciate that.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!