Allow specific URL from being processed by data filter

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Allow specific URL from being processed by data filter

L1 Bithead

Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hello Mckinzie,

If you are looking to block a URL filtering category but allow a specific URL that belongs to that category, here is how you would do it:

facebook.PNG.png

In the following screenshot, social networking category is blocked but facebook.com is allowed.

The order of precedence taken:

1. Block list
  2. Allow list                           
  3. custom categories 
  4. pre-defined categories

I hope I understood your question.

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

The response is not what I am looking for. It is more toward the data filtering side. The data filtering probably needs to be configured better. As fast fix without turning data filtering completely off for SSN, I was wanting to bypass a specific supplier URL that has data in the form of SSNs but are not.

Hello Mckinzie,

Now that I have understood your concern, as far as creating a URL exception for a data filtering profile is concerned, PAN firewall currently doesn't have the capability to do that. However, what you can can try is create another security rule -- without the data-filtering profile applied to it and a URL filtering profile with that specific URL mentioned in the allow list and place it on top of the existing rule which has the data-filtering profile. In that way, whenever the traffic concerned with that specific URL hits the firewall, it will only match a new rule which doesn't have the data-filtering profile.

OR, the regex pattern itself needs to re-configured to avoid those SSN false-positives.

Let me know what do you think about the workaround.

On another note, if you think this feature would be valuable addition, you can submit a feature request through your account's SE to our development team

Thanks and regards,
Kunal Adak.

Okay thanks. I will modify security rules with a hierarchy of the supplier URL filter on top.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!