Aperture use

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Aperture use

L4 Transporter

HI, anyone out there use Aperture yet? I have trial license which I have setup and added polices. Now what is suppose to happen? I see it show me Im now monitoring Salesforce and box.com but  as show below everyting is showing "0's after a week of running.  Whats suppose to happen? Should I try to upload a file or something? I did try to upload a file to both adn nothing happens in Aperture.

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 8.59.12 AM.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

so i ended up using box.xom for my test and found out that the box.com freeware would not work as you would have actully purchase the $15/monthly upgrade as you account has to be tied to  a organaztion (your email)  once i did that  I was able to see my  test PII policy i built  to look for 'taxpayer" come thru although Aperutre may take a few

hours to make new api call to retreive but it did work... See below

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 5.06.52 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Did you check permissions on salesforce or box? I remember seeing similar behaviour for running the app for a day when we tried it. We stopped it eventually without any results and did not pursue it further. You may want to check with SE.

so i ended up using box.xom for my test and found out that the box.com freeware would not work as you would have actully purchase the $15/monthly upgrade as you account has to be tied to  a organaztion (your email)  once i did that  I was able to see my  test PII policy i built  to look for 'taxpayer" come thru although Aperutre may take a few

hours to make new api call to retreive but it did work... See below

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 5.06.52 PM.png

You're correct here.  Aperture does not work with free or personal accounts, only with Enterprise accounts such Box Enterprise, Google Apps Unlimited, Dropbox for Business, etc.  If you attempt to connect to a personal account, it's likely you'll get a "not permitted" type response from the app itself, or you'll get the behavior you see here, where no files get scanned.

Aperture scans all the assets in your SaaS application, so depending on the number of files you have and the size of those files, the initial scan may take some time.  The SaaS vendor will typically rate limit Aperture so as not to hog bandwith or flood the service with API calls.  However, during and after initial scan, files are also being rescanned for changes.  Any time a change to a file occurs, API will detect this and rescan for risks, and present those in the UI.  This typically happens in the range of a few seconds to a minute or two, depending on the app and what else is being processed at the time.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!