Application Dependency PAN-OS 5.0.0 more

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application Dependency PAN-OS 5.0.0 more

L3 Networker

Hi~

Since more PAN OS 5.0.0 has upgraded application dependency

and then I added one rule from security

I would like to allow to only gmail-base

이미지 2.png

and then Click commit

I expected sucesse result,,

but Popup window represented warning message;;

이미지 3.png

what -_-;;

I knew that PAN-OS support Application Dependency about http, ssl, somethig like that

이미지 1.png

I red PAN OS 5.0.0 renewal

refer to ,,

manual.png

Did I fault set rule?

Or I misunderstand this situation?

That it;;

bye ~

7 REPLIES 7

L3 Networker

Hello

It's not expected behavior. In my case, SSL would not be needed to allow gmail-base on PANOS 5.0.x because PANOS 5.0 implicitly allow SSL traffic for gmail-base. What version did you install when testing?

Thanks.

Regards,

Roh

Hi Roh~ ^0^ ~

You are still made same Nickname!!

I'm happy to meet you

anyway;;

I am preparing to make manual to customer;;

The Deivce made me upset -_-;;

PAN-OS Version is 5.0.4

appliance is 5020

Hi SilverTiger,

I tested the issue and only PANOS 5.0.2 and it's running as well as I expected. I believe that is a bug of commit message only. Try your scenario again even if dependency warning occurred.

Haha. How is going on these days? Man?

Regards,

Roh.

L2 Linker

It seems I have similar problem. While I was on 4.1.9, I had ssl dependency error on one application while commiting, but I ignored it because I planned to upgrade to 5.0.4 soon. Now my PA500 is on 5.0.4. and while testing I got such errors on every app that needs dependencies. And if i choose only, let's say google-earth, without needed web-browsing dependency - error on commit and google-earth does not work properly.

L4 Transporter

Does the change actually work? This may just be a bug with the commit warning.

Did you test Application Dependency while That Sitatuion?

I'm very curious

To Allow Gmail-base

Ok I will try to test over it again

I was looking forward to seeing your +_+;;

I am adapting seoul place and new company~

hard to..;;;

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!