Authentication using LDAP/AD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Authentication using LDAP/AD

Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to get LDAP authentication working using Active directory. I have created an LDAP server profile, an Authentication Profile and Group Mapping settings profile. When I'm setting up the Group mappings I can go in and see the entire directory tree and pick groups so I know that it is connecting the the AD server and pulling information. However, in the Authentication Profile, if I try to pick users for the allow list, it doesn't find anything from the AD only local users. I have tried creating a firewall Administrator using the LDAP profile, and cannot login. When I look at the system log, it says "authentication profile not found for user".

I'm obviously missing something somewhere, but can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Kenton

17 REPLIES 17

The CN should equal a real user such as administrator  not samaccountname.

I  have had this similar issue and I figured out that, the user ID which you are using to authenticate to the AD, should be listed in PA locally as an administrator. Then the AD can be used to authenticate this account. As per my SE, they have submitted an enhancement request and will update you guys once I get to know anything.

Hope this helps

I was having this same problem and switched to Kerberos (assuming it's an AD environment?).  Worked like a charm.

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!