Azure Onboard Steps Need More Clarification

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Azure Onboard Steps Need More Clarification

L0 Member

Need more details and/or videos about onboarding platforms other than GCP, such as Azure and AWS. Mainly Azure at this point. Especially the pre-requisites about creating an Enterprise App and AD Object - it's very vague and unclear, and you should document a fully-detailed example and, where possible, a full video, with an example. For example: pre-req Step 1 B: "

• Pre-Req 1 B. To onboard your Azure subscription on Prisma Cloud, set up an Active Directory application object (Application Client ID) and an Enterprise Application Object ID that together enable API access."

NOTE: The above is badly in need of further explanation, exact detailed example, etc.

For example, I suppose the assumption is that we use the "Create your own application" in Azure "Enterprise applications;" but that is not made crystal clear in your documentation. To make it more confusing, there IS an Enterprise App called "Prisma Cloud SSO" that shows up in Azure Enterprise App Gallery, but I'm sure that's a different app, yet it adds to the confusion. AND, in "Create your own application" in Azure, there are 3 options: 1. "Configure Application Proxy for secure remote access to an on-premise app," 2. "Register an app to integrate with Microsoft Entra", 3. "Integrate any other app you don't find (non-gallery)" - I've abbreviated those a bit. So, you can see how it is very unclear what steps we would take. I'm assuming it is option #3, but then it pops up the "Prisma Cloud SSO" as one Enterprise app to choose: "We found the following apps..." So, PLEASE, at the very least, clarify and, if possible, give a good video example, because you are leaving out a LOT of needed info! Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @MrRoboto ,

Can you share the link to the documentation that you are using? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Sure, it's the Prisma Cloud Administrator's guide updated as of Oct 6, 2023:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-cloud/prisma-cloud-admin/connect-your-cloud-platform...

Thanks.Prisma Cloud Pre-Reqs.jpgCreate an Enterprise App in Azure.jpg

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!