Bandwidth limitation per policy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bandwidth limitation per policy

L2 Linker

Hello All,

I have filled the local database with users because we do not have an Active Directory, i create a captive portal to enforce the users to do authentication. in the polices i have grouped the users depends on what they should go through network. 

I need to know if there is any way to limit the bandwidth for wan connections depends on the polices so i can limit the user bandwidth depends on the polices they are located in.

Is it ok to use the local DB for 50 users or may i face problems in future the FW is PA220.

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DerarAbubakerYes, you can define specific Qos class to the specific source and destination under Qos Rules.

Also there are no limits for either users or groups in PAN local database. However, take system resource capacity into consideration.

Hope it helps you!

Mayur

M

Could i say that users in this policy not exceed 3mbps for each one of them or it will gives me a limit for all of them at once?

@DerarAbubakerTraffic will not exceed 3mbps if overall bandwidth defined as 3mbps for all users.

Mayur

M

could i limit the bandwidth per user on any way on paloalto as we do it on the other vendors?

@DerarAbubakerYes, it is also possible. You can define single or multiple users under Qos Rule and limit bandwidth as per your requirement.

Please refer - https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/7-1/pan-os-admin/quality-of-service/qos-use-cases/use-case-...

Hope it helps you!

Mayur

M
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!