Beginner questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Beginner questions

L2 Linker

Hi

i am a beginner in paloalto networks.

Can some one please help me to know the below doubts.

Cli "telnet command"  option is not seen in 5.0.0 version

How can we take config backup automatically scheduled

Admin accounts are synchronized in HA active - passive

Pipe Command is not seen visible in 5.0

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

L6 Presenter

Telnet is not available with 5.x

If you want an auto config backup and you do not have Panorama, only way I know is using API.

Wıth Active passive admin accounts are not syn. this is normal behaviour.

In Active - Passive HA it is normal behavior that Admin accounts does not Synchronize.

But i see that the admin account from the active device are synchronized to passive along with the config.

Thanks

You mean you created an Administrator account under "Administrators" named X

and you see it on passive device ?

Not applicable

I find it a little strange because all the documentation says stateless connections and Admin accounts and HA config will not be synced between 2 devices. But still i see the accounts get synced between Active and Passive firewall.

Any specific intention removing telnet from 5.0.x? Day to day routing telnet is something important and i feel thats a bug and not intentional.

How to take freq back up from Panorama? If i am not wrong the config files of Panorama can be taken freq backup but not device config files. I dont think device config files are backward compatible to panorama

telnet is removed because of a security purpose.

Backup from panorama ?

You have to read these documents.You have an option to schedule config backups.

Is SFTP Supported? If so, how does that get configured.  I really do not want to send firewall configures across the wire cleartext if it can be avoided.

SCP is supported to export the configurations

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1092

Does this help?

BR,

Karthik

Does this work in Panorama's scheduled export?

From panorama version 5.0 ,  you can choose protocol SCP for schedule config export Panorama > Schedule Config Export

Thank you for the tip.  Currently my Palos are on 4. and my Pano is on 4. so this will not work.  We had some issues with managing the 4. PANs with a 5. Pano so we downgraded.

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!