BGP Loose Route

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

BGP Loose Route

L4 Transporter

Dear, good evening, can someone please help me.

I have two Palo Alto configured by BGP and I am sending some routes via bgp and they appear as "loose ?" what can I do in this case, how do I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards

2021-11-05 23_47_22-PA-VM.png2021-11-05 23_47_02-PA-VM.png

Palo Alto_BGP.png

High Sticker
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for quick reply @Metgatz 

These flags: A?B are expected: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClZGCA0 By looking into routing table in one of my Firewall, I can also see all BGP learned routes with A?B. You do not need to take any action.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @Metgatz

The route to 192.168.81.0/24 in your screen shot is missing flag: A (Active). Could you make sure that Firewall can reach the next hop: 192.168.244.128? This might be corresponding to this KB: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClZ4CAK

Also, if this is new installation, could you make sure that "Install Route" Check Box is selected under: BGP > General > Options.

Kind Regards

Pavel

@PavelK 

Good evening/good morning.

Thank you very much for your reply.

The strange thing is the following:

I have connectivity, the route operates but it still appears as "Loose", this time it appears as Active/Loose.

I restarted the BGP sessions, I restarted up to the equipment.

It still appears like this, I would like it to appear as it should, with its corresponding Metric, active route AB.

Please your support, thank you very much

I remain attentive, best regards

2021-11-06 02_37_22-PA-VM.png

High Sticker

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for quick reply @Metgatz 

These flags: A?B are expected: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClZGCA0 By looking into routing table in one of my Firewall, I can also see all BGP learned routes with A?B. You do not need to take any action.

Kind Regards

Pavel

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!