Blank Threat Description

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Blank Threat Description

L4 Transporter

I'm running Panorama 4.1.6 and am getting threat entries in the logs with no name/description (the attack id is simply repeated in the name field).

This is mainly for custom threats (they do include real names and descriptions in the custom objects), but I also have some 'factory' signatures - viruses - doing the same.

My Threat/App packages are all up to date, and the custom signatures were created on Panorama and shared to the PA devices.

Anyone know of any known causes of this?

Cheers

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Then if you have not already, please open a case with support to address this issue.

Kind Regards

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

2 quick questions for you..

1. Has this ever worked that you can remember? Does it show anything different if you pull up the info on the Firewall itself?

2. Has this Panorama been involved in an upgrade recently?

Regards.

Stay Secure,
Joe

Hi,

1)  I'm 99% sure that the custom signatures have worked - can't be 100% as it's been a while, but I'm as sure as can be.  I can't guarantee the specific viruses that are displaying properly have displayed previosuly, but can say that most viruses are showing.

2) Yes, we've had a few upgrades in the past 12 months, but I can't remember what version we were running when the custom sig's were made.

Rgds

If you have upgraded, then you might have to re-create the custom threats, as something might have been "lost" in the upgrade. Re-creating them on the newer version should update everything as needed.  I would start with 1 that you know is showing up more often.

Stay Secure,
Joe

I've re-created and it's slightly better - we get correct display on the firewalls themselves but not within Panorama (despite the fact that everything was created in Panorama!).

Then if you have not already, please open a case with support to address this issue.

Kind Regards

Stay Secure,
Joe
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!