Block Activesync connections for disabled users?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Block Activesync connections for disabled users?

Not applicable

Is there any way to block ActiveSync connections at the FW for disabled users?  I have several users that have left the company and their accounts have been disabled, however they still have ActiveSync configured on their mobile devices trying to connect to our CAS server.  While they are being denied, the login failures are filling up my logs. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Kevin,

Hmmm... So to block this you would need to know something like their IP address, right? Otherwise the only 'block' will be denying that user access. I'm sure that their IP address will be constantly changing as they are on a mobile device. If we are not wanting to reply on just the username/credentials being denied and the firewall logging this, then that is the only possible solution I could think of. How else could we block this?

Thanks!

Please do not forget to mark and 'Helpful' or 'Correct' replies.

L3 Networker

Thats a though one. I'm trying to get the company to block access to OWA from the world. We dont need it exposed especially due to DLP concerns. Perhaps a MDM package that your IT dept can control and disable during off boarding?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!