Can I configure SFLOW or NetFlow onPAN 4060 runing 3.x?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can I configure SFLOW or NetFlow onPAN 4060 runing 3.x?

Not applicable

Hi, I am looking for way to send PAN 4060 flow information to the flow collector to monior the network peformance.  Is there way to do this?  

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

I have been told currently "no".  But I continually hound my Palo contacts for this ability.  It would be such a huge benefit to get all the great application flow data into our Stealthwatch system.  I also know that Lancope is extremely interested in getting netflow from the PANs.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi,

I was just wondering what you guys expect from Netflow on the Palo Alto Networks firewalls.

Netflow is not really application aware...

The pre-defined reports as well as custom reports can give you a nice overview on apps seen and volumes used.

Cheers,

Stijn.

I am aware of that feature, but for the Netflow collector to work, typically, when it comes to network topology mapping and network traffic monitoring. It would be nic and helpful if PAN support either Netflow or Sflow. 

I have a network topology diagram that is not contiguous because PAN is sitting betwee the Enterprise network and Data Center.

Thanks, 

I was told by the Sale team that versin 4.1 will support Netflow. This is a good news, but I can't wait that long.

Cheer,

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!