SNMP and Netflow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SNMP and Netflow

L1 Bithead

PAN 9.1.8 has SNMP V3 configured base on

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClHOCA0

with Netflow on AE5.30, ae5.50, and ae5.60 of the 5260 base on 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-admin/monitoring/netflow-monitoring/configure-n...

On my Netflow collector server, I successfully see flow but cannot see snmp data. The problem is 

SNMP V3 source is on the PAN while netflow is source differently on the 5260. The vendor for my netflow collector server is saying that the SNMP source IP HAS TO BE the same as Netflow source IP.

Anyone come across this and if so, what was your solution? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi,

Are you properly configure service route configuration for destination reachability.

Best Regards,

Suresh

Best Regards,
Suresh

L1 Bithead

Yes as getting netflow data but on my Netflow collector server, I can't get the snmp data as vendor has restriction to use the same source addrees for both netflow and snmp

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Check your interface management profile and verify SNMP is enabled and you have the proper permitted IP address listed. Then apply that management policy to the interface you are monitoring with SNMP.

OtakarKlier_0-1629483253970.png

Regards,

Hi,

Can you pls check one more option like Netflow Profile that is assigned directly to interface, unlike other forwarding server profiles. U can see in your interface level netflow profile binding or not?

Best Regards,

Suresh

Best Regards,
Suresh

L1 Bithead

Hi Smudhireddy - The netflow profile is assigned to my L3 Aggregate Subinterface

Hi Otakarklier -  The interface management profile doesn't SNMP have enabled or a permitted IP address. Thanks for this!

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!