Can't log in to Web UI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't log in to Web UI

L1 Bithead

After updating my PA200, logging into the Web UI has the browser showing it's creating 'Creating an administrative session...' then it restarts with a login screen. 

There's only one account, and it's credentials work to log in via the CLI. Thoughts and/or suggestions? (Even if it's a pointer to 'revert to previous PANOS _and_ upload saved config (Because I have the old config, and I believe the older PANOS is still on the firewall...somewhere...it's been a LONG time since I took the 101 training.)

10 REPLIES 10

L1 Bithead

FWIW, I found the revert instructions: 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Downgrade-PAN-OS/ta-p/58664

But still, I like the 8.0 UI, when I can log in. 😉

FWIW, I actually think the issue is with Chrome and the Self Signed Cert on the firewall. Chrome still had log-in issues when I reverted, Safari worked fine. 

Interesting. I still would upgrade to the 8.0, then give a plenty of time for the firewall to "stabilise" itself after upgrade, say 20 minutes reboot your management PC and try again with Chrome.

I can access a VM 8.0 testbed fine with chrome if that helps? However when I setup this thing I probably didn't have time to play with it for a good day or two so @TranceforLife might be on to something about letting it stabilise. 

This was actually a day and a half or so after the upgrade...plenty of time for stability. I guess I'll wait for 8.01 and a time when the family's asleep to retry. 😉

L0 Member

I cannot login to the Web UI of a telehealth software systems company called SISGAIN. 

Can you help me regarding this . 

Hello @rachel2,

I recommend you start a new topic if you are having difficulties and that way we can keep things seperate.

Hope that helps.

@rachel2 wrote:

I cannot login to the Web UI of a telehealth software systems company called SISGAIN. 

Can you help me regarding this . 

I'm not even sure what this software has to do with a Palo Alto firewall.

L0 Member

I had the same issue and I was able to fixed it by deleting the broken ssl-tls profile.

If you can access via SSH, try below command to delete the default ssl-tls profile. and then you should be able to log into GUI.

delete deviceconfig system ssl-tls-service-profile
commit

Forget to mention that you need to do this in configure mode. So, 

configure

delete deviceconfig system ssl-tls-service-profile
commit

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!