Can't update Global Protect through the NGFW (5.1.1 - 5.1.5)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't update Global Protect through the NGFW (5.1.1 - 5.1.5)

L2 Linker

Hi,

I have the problem that, running GP 5.1.1 I get the message that there is a newer GP Version (5.1.5) available.

But when I try to update, the update is not working.

The Debug Log shows:

(T8312)Info  ( 604): 07/08/20 07:41:15:329 #### updater started, command is C:\Users\[...]\_temp3356.msi

(T8312)Debug (  39): 07/08/20 07:41:15:329 try verify file C:\Users\[...]\_temp3356.msi

(T8312)Error ( 165): 07/08/20 07:41:15:334 The file C:\Users\[...]\_temp3356.msi is not signed or corrupted

(T8312)Error ( 634): 07/08/20 07:41:15:334 file did not signed by us, return now

Until now, I could not figure out what goes wrong.

Maybe someone had the problem earlier and can help out?

Best regards,

Marc

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Marc.Luecke,

Is this on every machine that you attempt to upgrade or just one particular machine? 

Hi,

it seems to be just this Client in particular..

Best regards,

Marc

@Marc.Luecke,

I would simply delete that temp msi file and force the agent to re-download the update from the gateway.

Hi,

thanks for the answers so far.

For now, we have several other Clients with the same problem.

I tried to activate and use GP Client Version 5.1.3 but it shows the same behavior as mentioned before.

Maybe someone has additional thoughts about that?

Best regards,

Marc

@BPry 

I tried that but unfortunately the problem still occurs.

Hi everyone.

I got a solution from PAN for this one.

As the GP Client (in this particular Case) could not resolve the GP Portal FQDN through the VPN tunnel, the update failed.

The solution was to create an entry on the internal DNS Server that resolved the Portal Name to the corresponding IP.

After that, the update finally was possible.

Maybe someone comes around with the same problem and can find the solution here.

Best regards,

Marc

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!