Cant upload Wildfire update after manually activating the license

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cant upload Wildfire update after manually activating the license

L2 Linker

Cant upload Wildfire update after manually activating the license, we are getting ready for PA migration (replacing old PA with with new) hence new PA firewalls are not connected to live environment and doesn't have internet connectivity. config was transferred using XML import / export.

All the subscriptions are activated on the new PAs and dynamic up uploaded manually using web interface.  For some reason we are unable to install Wildfire updates using same mechanism. 

We can upload the wildfire update, however when I use install from file option, I am unable to locate wildfire update in the dropdownlist.

These new firewalls has never connected to internet or PaloAlto network for that reason, can this be the reason?

8 REPLIES 8

L1 Bithead

Hello ChirPatel, 

As you have mentioned that the file was uploaded manually to FW via GUI, try installing the same through CLI using the following command.

"request wf-content upgrade install file <use tab>". 

Using tab as mentioned on the above command should list out the version, that you have manually uploaded via GUI. Check and install the same if the uploaded version is listed out. Kindly refer to the below KB article.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/wildfire/9-1/wildfire-admin/set-up-and-manage-a-wildfire-appliance...

Hope this would help.

Thanks for your message, however this I couldn't install the wildfire update via CLI...

I couldn't use this command "request wf-content upgrade install file <use tab>"   as PAN-OS 10.1.3 doesn't recognise "wf-content" as valid command

Hi, 

Thank you for your response.

Please check with the below command,

request wildfire upgrade install file <use tab>

L2 Linker

Thanks for this, unfortunately, this command fails as well, In the meantime I got confirmation from PaloAlto Support and they identified this as a system bug !!!!

L1 Bithead

Please share the bug ID, and also the fix version suggested by Palo alto support, if possible. This may be useful to someone who is dealing with a similar issue.

Thank you in advance.

They didn't provide this information, it was verbal confirmation over the phone from PA Support, having said that over the weekend we connected the Firewall to the internet, as soon as it was connected to Paloaltonetworks usingthe internet things started working.

L2 Linker

one thing I noticed which is different now (since internet connectivity)  in the  "show wildfire status" command output 

Before   

Device registered: No 

Now: (since Internet Connectivity)
Device registered: Yes 
I may be guessing may be it required device status as registered?

Hi,

There are multiple reasons for observing "device registration: no" status in the "show wildfire status" command output. 

Kindly refer to the below article addressing the same.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000oMCYCA2&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!