Changing ethernet interfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Changing ethernet interfaces

L0 Member

We will be upgrading our internet connections from 1GB to 10GB. What is the process to change from a 1GB copper (eth 1/2) to 10GB sfp+ (eth 1/14). I've run through the configs and I'm assuning any specific reference to that interface will need to be changed. I'm assuming this will need to be done for Interface, Zones, Router, ipsec tunnels, GP gateway, IKE gateways and PBF. Anything else? I tried searching but didn't find anything of interest.

Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I believe that you covered all areas, with exception of

SNAT and any DNAT/port forwarding using a defined interface.

GP Portal (if using public IP moving to new interface)

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@cmerrick,

Honestly the easiest way to do an interface migration like this really is just exporting the configuration and manually updating references to the old interface to the new interface. Once updated, you can load the configuration file back onto the file and run through validation checks prior to running a commit to kick things over to the new interface as seamlessly as possible. 

The extra benefit is that you don't even need to be familiar with XML files, you simply need to replace any reference of ethernet1/2 to ethernet1/14.

L0 Member

Thank you both for the responses.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!