Choosing the Right Cloud Delivered Security Service for E-commerce Platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Choosing the Right Cloud Delivered Security Service for E-commerce Platform

L0 Member

I've been researching various cloud delivered security services for our e-commerce platform, and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the options available in the market. Our main concern is ensuring the safety of customer data, Nexus-iceland portal app especially during transactions, as well as protecting against DDoS attacks. I'm leaning towards a managed Web Application Firewall (WAF) and DDoS protection service, but I'm not sure where to start. Are there any specific services or providers you would recommend? hr services Company, Work Schedules for employee's, mobile app for android

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @Andrea-Smith 

Asking this question to any number of security engineers will get you almost as much different answers 😋

From what it looks like in your post, at least paloalto probably is the wrong device for you. It is not a waf and cannot effectively protect you from DDoS. DDoS protection you need to get a level above your infrastructure from the internet service provider - or in case of cloud delivered services for example from Microsoft, Amazon or Google. These providers also have WAF services that can be used and there are also many managed service providers that will configure them for you.

In other words, simply recommending a service/product to you probably will not solve the issue - then you could simply look at the gartner reports and choose one of the companies there. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!