Clientless VPN (Web) and SSO credentials

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Clientless VPN (Web) and SSO credentials

L3 Networker

Dear Palo Alto Experts,

We have set-up a Clientless VPN webpage for certain users so that they can connect to an internal website from outside the company. 

When they logon to the VPN portal, with their Windows Credentials (Radius authenticaton), they are shown a couple of icons for internal webpages.

One webpage uses Windows authentication to logon. 

My ultimate goal is to have this Single Sign On but right now I would be happy if it just works in the different browsers.

In Google Chrome for example I am prompted with credentials. This is also the case in IE11. While in Microsoft Edge I am directly presented with an Accesed Denied page.

GlobalProtect_Chrome.pngGlobalProtect_Edge.png

What can I do so that users are either prompted for credentials or automatically logged on based on the credentials they entered during log on on the Web-Portal?

Any thoughts are more than welcome.

Remko

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Indorama_Ventures ,

Out of curiosity, if you put the site into the intranet app container in edge does it present the credential prompt? 

Interresting proposal.

Do I understand correctly that you mean this ?

https://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/answer/How-can-IT-put-Windows-10-containers-to-use

First of all I need to familiarize myself on the topic. I have not worked with this at all. Secondly these systems are outside our organization so we do not have any control of these.  

I am just trying to understand how this whole single sign on works and why it works differently for each browser. 

Easiest is to put a notification on the webpage that it works best with a particular browser but I guess with every IT problem we would like to know what is causing this. 

Remko

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!