cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Code On Firewall Not Mine

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I ran a config audit today and found some uncommitted code that was not mine. Is it possible that a dynamic update had some uncommitted code in the config?

Thanks

MJF

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MFacella1,

Can you post the changes that you didn't make? Dynamic updates can at times add things into the config depending on how you have things configured, new applications will be added if you have "Disable new apps in content update" selected as an example. 

Hi BPry,

I should have copied all the code but I only copied a url. It looks like it was in the shared content and the config change looks like the same time as the dynamic update and I did see a refence to some of the code in the update release notes. I was being overly cautious but I guess a hacker would not leave uncommitted code in a config 😁

Thank you

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!