Compare the addressed issues list between 9.0.6 and 8.1.13

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Compare the addressed issues list between 9.0.6 and 8.1.13

L4 Transporter

Hi,

9.0.6 was released on 1/27/2020 and 8.1.13 was released on 2/6/2020.  While comparing addressed issues between the release notes, Many issued ids resolved in 8.1.13 are not listed in 9.0.6. 

Just a few examples,

PAN-134678
(PA-5200 Series firewalls only) Fixed an issue where the Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable (QSFP) 28 ports 21 and 22 did not respond when plugged in with a Finisar 100G AOC cable.

PAN-133436
Introduced the 
clear url-cache all
 CLI command to aggressively clear the dataplane URL cache.
PAN-133378
Fixed an issue in Panorama where a process (configd) crashed while doing a commit using a RADIUS super admin role.
PAN-131993
Fixed an issue where a process (reportd) would crash while running a log query.

PAN-130640
Fixed an issue where the management plane CPU on the firewall was high due to index generation on summary logs.
PAN-130573
Fixed an issue where the software pool for Regex results was depleted and caused connection failures.

Are these resolved issues version specific ?   Are there a searchable database that I can type in a issue id to shown the affected all versions and addressed versions ?  Better yet, searchable by hardware, VM, feature(s), severity, how many reported cases so far?

Thanks,

E

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@nextgenhappines,

Nothing like that is available to the public, and likely won't be anytime zone.

While many issues can be shared between code branches, some of the issues also just simply don't apply in the different code branches as they do in others. It's a good bet that if an issue isn't addressed in both versions, the issue simply isn't present in the different branch. 

L7 Applicator

Thanks for the question.. 

You have to remember that when the software versions are created and then supported, they are completely separate from each other. 

Just because 1 issue was resolved inside of lets say PAN-OS 9.0.x, that does not mean that it carries over to PAN-OS 8.1.x (in your examples 9.0.6 and 8.1.13).. or vice versa.  The revisions and fixes are separate.   This can be a good and a bad thing at times. 

As far as how these are searchable.. 

Every "fix" that is provided goes into the release notes.  These are kept at: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/

More specifically, the Release Notes area here: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/release-notes.html#sort=relevancy&layout=card&numberOfResults=25

You can search the left hand side for versions, etc. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

@jdelio 

Some of the issues addressed in 8.1.13 are also affecting 9.0.x (confirmed with TAC).  Here is my concerns,

1.  Which versions of a specific issue are affected and fixed?

2.  I recently ran into PAN-133443 which was introduced in PANOS 9.0.5, fixed in 9.0.6, it was fine from 9.0.0 to 9.0.4.   Same issue was fixed in 8.1.12.   Some issues are on multiple version of codes..  I works on other vendor products as well.  Some of them have client facing bug search knowledge bases to navigation avoid bugs already reported. 

I am trying to avoid known bugs, which requires to open TAC cases and wait for weeks for responds.

E

@BPry 

Agree, it will be great in the future release note could includes affected releases, that will help us to determine if we may want to upgrade.  ( I am in the process to upgrade from 8.0.x to 9.0.6, we need the shared UserID feature in 9.0 and 9.0.6 has the fixes for mprelay (PAN-116100) which caused our main data center firewalls problems for weeks..)  I need to implement the shared UserID feature to support my clients and 9.0.6 is the release that has our issues resolved.  

E

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!