Competitive Advantages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Competitive Advantages

L0 Member

Hi, In a pitching session with a customer, we have explained all the advantages of Palo Alto over the competitive devices, below are the questions raised by the customer which I was not able to answer,  

• What % Performance degrades with evidence-3rd Party in Inspection Technique (Single Pass Scanning vs Multipass Scanning)
  • What % Performance degrades with evidence-3rd Party in Hardware Architecture (Dual Plan vs Single Plan)
  • What % Performance degrades with evidence-3rd Party in Policy Decision Making (Single Pass vs Multipass

I would be thankful for helping me to answer these questions.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Looks to me the potential customer is trying to get a more detailed breakdown by feature on firewall performance.  The info you have is that which is documented for hardware platforms by Palo Alto https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/product-selection and is general in nature.  Not all configurations and environments can be covered in detail without testing the specific implementation.  Have you suggested a bakeoff?

D. Elliott

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Kashyap_pa,

Agreed with @doug-elliott, it sounds like they want you to offer up what we would normally show in a POC installation. You aren't going to find an exact amount of performance degradation published anywhere between architectures, primarily because you can't really say exactly what the difference would be. 

I would offer a POC installation and allow the product to speak for itself. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Looks to me the potential customer is trying to get a more detailed breakdown by feature on firewall performance.  The info you have is that which is documented for hardware platforms by Palo Alto https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/product-selection and is general in nature.  Not all configurations and environments can be covered in detail without testing the specific implementation.  Have you suggested a bakeoff?

D. Elliott

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Kashyap_pa,

Agreed with @doug-elliott, it sounds like they want you to offer up what we would normally show in a POC installation. You aren't going to find an exact amount of performance degradation published anywhere between architectures, primarily because you can't really say exactly what the difference would be. 

I would offer a POC installation and allow the product to speak for itself. 

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!