Config .XML in the config bundle is empty

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Config .XML in the config bundle is empty

L3 Networker

Hi everybody!

I have a little issue with which maybe you can help me: I have a HA with a pair of 3060s among other FWs managed by a Panorama, when exporting a config bundle from the Panorama, the config XML file for the pair of 3060s is empty. What can be the reason??

Thanks in advance and Kind Regards,

Marcos.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Marcos,

Seems a little odd, can you try saving the configuration first?

Also you could generate tech support file from the support menu in the device tab. Export this using something like 7-Zip and you'll find the running-config here: opt\pancfg\mgmt\saved-configs

hope this helps,

Ben

L0 Member

My XML files are populated with some data, but the policies are not included. I was hoping they would be, so I can export all the managed device policies at once.

L7 Applicator

Technically, the items you push from Panorama are part of the Panorama configuration file.  The only items in the firewall config will be the things you configured directly on the firewall itself.  

You can export the Panorama config file & merge it somehow with the Firewall config file.  

You can export the "Device State" from the Firewall directly (Device / Setup / Operations / Export Device State)

- inside this tar/gzip archive are multiple files, some which include local firewall config, others which include Panorama-pushed configs

Actually, the device state option might be best.  If you manage your entire policy from Panorama, then your entire policy will be in one of the files included in the device state.  

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!