Configuration Log Report once a day?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Configuration Log Report once a day?

L0 Member

Hey Folks,

well i would like to forward Configuration Logs in a Daily Overview. Same like if i configure "Device --> Log Settings --> Configuration". But i don`t want to send every single entry, instead i would like to have a schedule for "config changes of last 24 hours".

Do you know if there is a possibility on this? As well in reporting section there seems not to be any option to report Config/System logs...

Would be great if anyone of you could help.

Christian

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ChrisEngstler,

Your best solution here would be setting up a free SIEM like Graylog and sending the configuration logs there, then having it report any configuration event in a report once a day. The firewall's ability to alert on configuration events is limited to when it happens and can't do a daily report. 

L0 Member

@BPry 
Yeah thought so as well that there is a need of an additional tool. Just wanted to try everything to do it directly from PAN.. anyway i guess it would be an easy task to allow using the Config&System-Log Data for Reports aswell, unfortunatelly it is now available..

Thanks for your reply/help 🙂

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!