Connect to globalprotect vpn using verizon mifi

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Connect to globalprotect vpn using verizon mifi

L4 Transporter

Can you use a verizon mifi to connect to a globalprotect vpn tunnel? This is so they don't have to install the gp client on their pc. We do not have licensing for gp to be used on phones and to me a mifi is kind of a glorified phone. 

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would say yes if the MiFi has the ability to establish point to point tunnels, I'm honestly not sure. While I think that GP licenses should come with the base package, I think that is the best way for mobile devices.

Cheers!

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jdprovine,

I know the newer 8800L units that Verizon issues out supports an OpenVPN client, but I don't believe you have access to form a simple IPSec connection directly on the device. Agreed all around though basic mobile device connectivity should absolutely be included with the hardware the same as the Windows/Mac client. 

@BPry Yes it does have a openvpn but I do not see anyway to configure it to connect to our pa vpn using it instead of the GP client, they will just have to connect to the internet with the mifi and use the GP client on their pc and then connect using the VPN

jdprovine_0-1632314024930.png

@OtakarKlier Yes I always thought they should include a base package of licenses for mobile devices, but for some reason they do not. In general I think licensing based on a percent of the cost of your PA is weird and the fact that you have to pay for everything extra is a croc too. Too bad I like my PA so well

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!