cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

could not unlock user

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer.  Get a message of "could not unlock user" via gui.  Is there any way to unlock an individual user via CLI?  I'm on PAN 10.2.6

Thanks

Rich

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I have encountered this issue if username is long.

Have not taken time to test how many characters username must be to break GUI unlock feature though 🙂

Try last command.

> find command keyword unlock
debug swm unlock
request authentication unlock-admin user <value>
request authentication unlock-user vsys <value> auth-profile <value> user <value> is-seq <yes|no>

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

L1 Bithead

Server error : failed to unlock.   Command used - request authentication unlock-user vsys vsys1 auth-profile Duo-MFA user <username>

not sure what the is-seq is - but syntax error when trying to use.

L0 Member

Try setting a higher number in the Failed Attempts section and commit the changes.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!