Crazy Q... Minemeld on raspberry pi?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Crazy Q... Minemeld on raspberry pi?

L4 Transporter

Has anyone been brave or bored enough to try to run MineMeld on a pi? I just tried it on Ubuntu 16, Ubuntu 18, Debian 9, CentOS7 and was unable to get any of them to succesfully install. It seems to get close on Ubuntu 16 and 18 but after getting past 3 nasty red errors during the ansible playbook process I was roadblocked at a 4th one that stumped me. CentOS7 bombs out after adding the epel repo it seems the installs from that repo do not have arm versions *sad day*

Anyone tried this? and got it to work on any distro?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I tried installing this on a rpi4 and it worked just fine. It is slow, very slow when processing... anything, but it works.

I used Raspian Buster. I modified /etc/apt/sources.list to allow all repos. Renamed all the ansible scripts called Debian-9.yml to Debian-10.yml.  There are references in the configs that need to be changed from Debian-9.yml to Debian-10.yml as well. I was also forced to update the SSL Cert. After the playbook finished, a process was stuck, so I had to reboot the rpi. The script also failed once randomly. I just reran the script. That was the biggest issue I ran into.  

This is my new minemeld server. If there are any questions, just shoot me a message. I would be more than happy to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi @hshawn,

It would require a huge effort. Main reason some wheel python packages MineMeld depends on that are not available for the ARM architecture.

I tried installing this on a rpi4 and it worked just fine. It is slow, very slow when processing... anything, but it works.

I used Raspian Buster. I modified /etc/apt/sources.list to allow all repos. Renamed all the ansible scripts called Debian-9.yml to Debian-10.yml.  There are references in the configs that need to be changed from Debian-9.yml to Debian-10.yml as well. I was also forced to update the SSL Cert. After the playbook finished, a process was stuck, so I had to reboot the rpi. The script also failed once randomly. I just reran the script. That was the biggest issue I ran into.  

This is my new minemeld server. If there are any questions, just shoot me a message. I would be more than happy to help.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!