Custom report on certain file types?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom report on certain file types?

L3 Networker

Hi there,

I want to be able to do a custom report showing me who has been downloading certain file types (avi for instance) on my network. Or at least, how I would be able to interrogate the data filtering logs to be able to show me this?

The file types in question are all set to Alert on the data filtering profiles we use, but I want to be able to see a run down of who has been downloading what exactly. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hello JRussell,

You can create a custom report based on data filtering logs under Monitor > PDF reports > Manage Customer reports.

file_download.PNG.png

The columns I included:

Threat/ Content name, Repeat Count, Source address, Filename, Direction and Subtype.

A  sample report for the above template would come out as:

sample_report.PNG.png

You can also export the report in PDF/CSV or XML format

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

L5 Sessionator

Hello JRussell,

For a particular file name (lets say if it includes .avi in your case), the template would look as:

avi.PNG.png

The above template would only generate a report for AVI files downloaded.

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

Thanks for that. Only problem is that if I do it for instance with your avi example it brings up all files that have avi in them too.. in this case mostly PDF's that have avi somewhere in the title.. and we have a lot of them.

Is there no way to refine the search to just searching the file extensions?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!