Custom User Groups

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom User Groups

Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to add certain users from different Active Directory groups, into a custom group, called VIP users.

i.e. in PA I would like to select users from AD and create a Custom Group. But am not able to get to do this.

I can only add the users individually by selecting them from the AD. But I need to add all the users to

a single group. Called AD VIP Users Group.

How do I do this in the Access Policy rules.

Rgds,

Tauseef Ahmed.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Currently group definitions for users that come from a directory must also come from a directory. Local groups can only be used for local users. To accomplish what your are looking for, you would need to create a new group in AD that contains the users of interest.

Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Currently group definitions for users that come from a directory must also come from a directory. Local groups can only be used for local users. To accomplish what your are looking for, you would need to create a new group in AD that contains the users of interest.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that, in the same manner, can I not have a Group for my destinations.

As in create a Group of IP addresses, and name it as required_sites, can I not do that in the destinations

in access rules.

Or do I need to do this in 'URL Filtering' ??

So what would the rule be if I want to do it in URL filtering ..

Source = any

Source users = usera

Destination = any

Action = permit

in Profile= I choose the URL filtering profile with the destination metioned in the required_sites.

Will this work or is there another work around..

Yes. You can do this. You would create an Address Group and add the desired addresses to the group.

Mike

Hi,

How do I do this, when I have addresses as URL's instead of Ip addresses ??

Today you would need to do this in a URL filtering profile. If you want them allowed, you can use the Allow List, if you want them blocked, you can use the Block List. These would only take effect on rules where this profile was applied and it would only effect HTTP (and potentially SSL) traffic.

Mike

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!