Database Extraction "PA 2020"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Database Extraction "PA 2020"

Not applicable

How I can extract the entire database of PA2020? I need to generate other reports with another system, please help!
ps:
and try it with the command "export log-file tftp *" does not give me what I need, I'm only one month of the five I have, the disk used for logs measured 124GB,
e

Excuse my translation error

Regards

Arturo Vazquez

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@TI_IIISERVICIOS:

It would appear that the firewall is unable to reach your ssh server so the connection attempt times out.

1. Is there an sshd server running on the target host?

2. Is there a firewall on the target host (or between the PAN device and the target host) that is blocking ssh traffic?

3. Is there a route to the target host from the PAN device?

-Benjamin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Hello Arturo,

I'm not positive of what database you are trying to extract so I can only assume that you are refering to the following:

admin@PA-2020-Stone> scp export log

> data      data

> threat    threat

> traffic   traffic

> url       url

For example:

scp export log url max-log-count 100 to root@{ip-addr}:/log-files start-time equal 2006/08/01@10:00:00 end-time equal 2011/08/01@10:00:00

By the way, you need to use scp there is no tftp option for these logs.

Hi Dwhyte:

I need to remove the entire database, to manipulate it with another system, since the reports with the templates that gives me the PA2020 are very limited, and try this option but it marks an error "ssh: connect to host {host ip} port 22: Connection timed out "what am I doing wrong?
connected from the Pa2020 with "putty", this is the command:

"scp export log data max-log-count 65535 to Administrador@{host ip}:/log-files start-time equal 2011/04/30@09:00:00 end-time equal 2011/10/04@18:00:00

thanks for your attention

Arturo

@TI_IIISERVICIOS:

It would appear that the firewall is unable to reach your ssh server so the connection attempt times out.

1. Is there an sshd server running on the target host?

2. Is there a firewall on the target host (or between the PAN device and the target host) that is blocking ssh traffic?

3. Is there a route to the target host from the PAN device?

-Benjamin

Hi,

I did all the steps suggested and apparently makes the transfer, the base is 124GB, I'm doing it by parts but it takes too much, try a range of one week, and leave it down all weekend and still did not resign, I'm doing something wrong?, is there another way?, I need to support any database, since for some time was lost because it was formatted by mistake PA2020 is now required to save at least you have information this time

Thank you very much for your time

Arturo Vazquez

Sorry Arturo but I'm not able to fully understand the problem you're experiencing. You're still, at this point, unable to export via scp or tftp to your target server? If you need assistance and time is of the essence, I would suggest contacting your reseller or PAN Support to further facilitate your needs.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!