Decryption policy and SNI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Decryption policy and SNI

L3 Networker

Hi,

I activated a decyption policy but my site is configured with SNI. If I apply the policy, the other site with the same IP is blocked with error SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPEHR_OVERLAP (this in Firefox). Which is the correct configuration with SNI?

8 REPLIES 8

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@s_quasar,

In the Firefox configuration can you look for 'security.tls.version.fallback-limit' and set the value to 0 and see if you can access the site after that?

Now I've stopped the rule so I can't do this test but I think this is not a solution because I can't open the firefox configuration of all people to make this change.

@s_quasar,

It's a simple test to see if my theory of what is happening is actually correct, it's not the solution that you would actually employ. 

I've made the change but the problem is the same: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP. The error in chrome is ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH.

L3 Networker

Is there someone that can help me?

L1 Bithead

Hello, @s_quasar 

if your problem is still actual - try to check this thread:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Decrypt-error-with-Inbound-Decryption-DHE-or-ECD...

Maybe your problem is related to it

Hi,

my problem is yet here.

Thank you for your help but this is not my case. I have problem on decrypt only if I have a website that share the same IP (SNI).

Is there anyone that works decrypt in the presence of SNI?

Can I have an example about decryption with SNI?

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!