Delete Virtual Router

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Delete Virtual Router

Hello,

I have a 5250 managed by a Panorama.

On the firewall I have 4 Virtual router and I have to delete one because it's unused.
Can I simply remove the VR via panorama by select the VR and delete it or there is some steps that I have to follow?(remove the interface from VR before or similar?)
Note: Each VR it's a OSPF member.

Should I expect an outage on the other VRs caused by the OSPF or for other reason?

Regards

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @ChristianBolelli

Yes, your order of operation looks correct and should be functional in this order.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @ChristianBolelli

As long as VR is associated with any interface, static route, OSPF process,... Panorama will give you an error. You will have to remove these dependencies first before you can delete VR. The order of operation would be to remove anything associated to VR for example interfaces, OSPF and migrate it to different VR, then you can delete it. The deletion of VR itself will not impact other VRs, so you should not have an outage with other VRs running OSPF.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Thanks for the info.
The steps should be:

1° remove and clear the interfaces (these interfaces are dedicated to the VR so no more used)
2° remove all static route
3° Disable the OSPF (uncheck the "enable" on the related tab)
4° delete the VR

For the Fw rule should be similar
1° delete all fw rule where the Zone related the VR is present
2° remove the interface associated to the zone (the same of VR)
3° delete the Zone

Best regards,

Christian

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @ChristianBolelli

Yes, your order of operation looks correct and should be functional in this order.

Kind Regards

Pavel

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!