Dell iDRAC configuration Assistance

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Dell iDRAC configuration Assistance

L0 Member

I am having to step in during a transition and I cannot seem to get my configuration right, and I am hoping someone can provide me examples of what rules (NAT and Security) that I might need to allow iDRAC access to a couple of servers that reside in our untrusted zone from a specific public ip.  I have assigned the iDRAC controllers public ip's on the firewall, but I am unable to get them to show up via https.  Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @SCS_BPotts ,

If you would like external iDRAC access you will need to create a DNAT policy and Security Policy. 

The DNAT rule will translate the incoming public IP to the internal IP of the respective server. This will allow external access to the servers via their iDRAC IPs. 

DNAT Rule

Src Zone: Untrust

Dst Zone: Untrust

Src Address: Enter the specific public IP

Dst Address: Public iDRAC IP 

Service: Specify which port

Src Translation: dynamic ip and port, specify the internal address/interface

Dst Translation: Specify the internal IP 

Then create your security policy to allow the public IP to the internal IP. 

Src Zone: Untrust

Src Address; Public IP

Dst Zone: Zone where the server is in 

Dst Address: Internal IP 

Service: Port if you would like

Application: Application you would like

Hope this helps or gets you in the right direction.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Thank you.  I was able to figure it out, and set it up late last week, and was able to get it to show a bad request page initially. Then I was able to determine that the bad request page was due to the firmware on the iDRAC coupled with the iDRAC web server not liking the headers when the packets went from internal to external and vice versa via static ips.  Updating the firmware and setting a dns entry for the outside address in the iDRAC webserver fixed that and now it is working like it should.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!