Device Health Status

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device Health Status

L2 Linker

Hi Team, 

We have few firewalls (5520,5260, 3220 and 3260) managed by Panorama. I wanted to check the health status of those firewall. I found some of them are in Deviating Devices list due to the memory / CPU consumption. For example, in some devices the memory is 18% and it is in Deviating Devices list. Some devices memory utilization is 22 %, but that devices are not in the Deviating Devices list. 

May I please know;

What is the threshold value for memory and CPU?

Can we consider 25 or 30 % memory utilization as an healthy device? 

Thanks,

Manu

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @Manu_Shankar ,

Panorama monitors the overall health of managed gateways. When any managed gateway deviates from its calculated baseline, Panorama displays it as Deviating Device. These are the devices that have any metric which are deviating from their calculated base line and display such metrics in RED color. The baseline is determined by doing avg. of health performance of a metric over 7 days period plus standard deviation.

If you want to see baseline calculated for any particular parameter, you can click on the show Snapshot on the metric value to see it. PFB snap for reference.

Baseline SnapCapture.PNG

Hope it helps!

M

Hi @SutareMayur ,

Thanks for the response. My question was how much memory and CPU utilization we can consider as safe / devices is healthy? My intention is to make sure that the device is in healthy condition. 

Thanks,

Manu

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!